Saturday, June 21, 2014

Meet My Feet 

Have you ever reached down, pulled your leg up, and just taken hold of your foot?
Then, with loving strokes, rubbed your foot and said something like, "Thank you for being part of me"?
It feels so great when you rub--stroke your foot. Enjoy how it seems to smile when you say, "Hello, foot."
So you drop that one and pick up the other. You can't help yourself--it just makes your world seem bright and warm.
I think of my feet--every time I step onto an ocean going tugboat, when I stomp aboard with a war bag on my shoulder. As I stand for a second, happiness is mine. I am going...going where money has no worth, where the air is pure.
How welcome is a job that needs to be done--and this job is all mine. My eyes see it, but my feet take me to it, and my hands do their part. When my feet take me away, no feeling like being there, knowing that when a job needs to be done--I have a pair of feet that get me there and wait until I am done.
Thank you, feet. I promise to remember: We are really Just One.
I find it marvelous, when I think of all the things my feet have done: The job they do when I drive a truck with a manual transmission--push the clutch in--press the gas throttle. Every move is in perfect order, a smooth easy ride. When I step up to get on anything, they are there, no complaining...raised just the proper amount to the next step, they are there, and when it's time to step down, my feet are there to return my body to earth once more.
What a marvelous invention! Feet are a wonderful pair, working--always honoring each other. I think of the many places I have been, of the numerous things my feet have done. My feet are the reason those things get done. It's a shock to my mind when I think, without my feet, what a terrible mess my life would have been .

 Thank you feet. As I look back, "Thank you for the races run, for the dances danced, for the doors that were opened, for the people I have met."
For every victory, my feet have been there, quietly holding me in place.
Yes, I have a smile for you--My feet!
Well done! Thank you, feet! My feet!

by Roger Wilson
2/27/14

1 comment:

lgs said...

♡ your sense of humor. Feet are one of our "under" appreciated valuable personal assets. Yes pun intended. Lol